Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wish I had time for a quick nap...

Sitting here in my studio/officethis morning and just wrapped up some work I needed to get done. But before I dive into the next thing on my list, I'm sitting here staring out the window enjoying the Texas sunshine. It's already been really hot here and we're experiencing an unusual cold front and it's a delightful 55 degrees here this morning. It's such a treat!

I'm resisting the urge to take a quick cat nap in the sunshine. :) Then realized I've never shown off my favorite floor pillows. At roughly 30"x30" they're a great size for lounging. I made them years ago from a Kaffe Fassett pattern and really love them. A lion's share of the fabrics are Kaffe's designs. Those blue/green and orange/green Ikat checkerboard are still among of my all time favorites and I'm down to the tiniest little scraps of that left. I should probably hunt some more down...


Well since I can't justify a nap and this work isn't going to do itself, I'm diving back in. Hope you have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

cool pillows!

Vicky said...

Great floor pillows. I really like the pattern you selected. They look perfect for a quick cat nap!

Karin Grow said...

We are experiencing almost 90 degree weather today! Think I'll lock myself up in my studio, but for now, I'm snuggling with one of my furbabies.
Love the floor pillows! They look like you spent a lot of time on them. Have a great day, Karin

Jodi said...

Sometimes a quick ten or fifteen-minute nap is just the thing! LOVE those floor pillows!

Ginger said...

Beautiful pillows! Love the pattern!
I just ordered the entire Pooches and Pickups line from Hawthorne Fabrics!! Woohoo!!! Can't wait to get it!!!
Ginger in Abilene

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

Thanks everyone! It was the first time I sewed anything with any complexity of piecing. So my seams are hardly perfect but it just gives them character.

Ginger - So excited!!! Please share pics of whatever goodness you make :)

Becky said...

I love Floor pillows and yours are gorgeous. Would everyone think I'm a hippie if I told you that I'd just as soon get rid of the couches and chairs and just have floor pillows!?