Saturday, September 20, 2008

Amazing surface design class

I had the great opportunity to take a cool surface design class last week. It was really amazing. Five whole days of learning new techniques with dyeing fabric, resist, silkscreen. It was a little slice of nirvana. And I got to meet some really great new people. What a talented bunch of ladies and I'm so glad that I got to share the class with them. Kat, our instructor was amazing. So inspirational and patient. Not to mention incredibly talented. If anyone is in Austin, I highly recommend taking one of her classes at Studio 1408.

Rachel of Average Jane Crafter was one of the crafty crew and she documented the whole journey on her blog. Here are a few of the pics she took and a great series of posts talking about what we got to do. Thanks Rachel! You rock sister!

Photo by Average Jane Crafter

For more pics surface design class photos, take a peek at Rachel's photostream on flikr.

0 comments: